Today I’m sharing a fun round up of sight word activities to try at home!
(This post contains affiliate links.)
Is your child resisting those sight word flash cards? I’ve got good news.
You don’t need them!
Try one of these simple ways to practice sight words. These are all fun, creative ways to learn with minimal set up. Have fun!
1. Get a free printable Tic Tac Toe board and learn sight words four different ways. I love the variety in this post! (Finding the Teachable Moments)
2. Here’s one of our favorites: write the sight words on sticky notes and slap them with a fly swatter. (Hands on As We Grow at PBS Kids)
3. Play “Where’s the Bear?” with Dixie cups. (Sprinkles to Kindergarten)
4. Make a sight word parking lot! (Juggling with Kids)
5. Write sight words on sticky notes and use small toys as learning props. Brilliant! (Kids Activities Blog)
6. Get a free printable and play Roll a Sight Word. (I Can Teach My Child)
7. Play a sight word game with a muffin tin. (Growing Book by Book)
8. Circle sight words with bottle cap stamps. (Sugar Aunts)
9. Make popsicle stick sight words. (This Reading Mama)
10. Enter the words you want to practice, and print a set of free sight word dominoes! (Sight Words)
P.S. We love learning to spell our sight words with this fun CD collection.
P.P.S. I highly recommend this app for learning sight words.
© 2015 – 2016, Anna Geiger. All rights reserved.