If you’ve been following along for a while, you may have caught that we’re expecting our fifth blessing in mid-January… which is coming up soon! What will that mean for themeasuredmom.com?
Yup, that’s me. Do I look a little tired? (Actually I’m more tired than I look – I did a little photo editing, ha!)
Believe me, I’m going to be much more tired come January! Lord willing, we’ll have kids ages 6, 5, 3, 2, and a newborn. And it’s very possible that four of them will be boys (I’ll be sure to let you know when we find out!).
Because of that, I’ll have to scale back a bit for a while. But I’ve worked really hard to work ahead on my blog so that you’ll still be able to come here for the resources you love to find – for free, of course!
What can you expect for the rest of December?
1) I’m guessing that many of you won’t be spending much time at my blog over the Christmas break, and neither will I! Please check in on December 23 for a fabulous round-up of learning ideas from the hosts of the After School Linky. You won’t want to miss our top ten lists from ten learning areas!
2) I won’t be sharing new posts from December 24- January 1.
3) In the meantime, I plan to be spending time with my family and preparing meals for the freezer to ease our transition into life with a new baby.
What can you expect from The Measured Mom for the new year?
1) Additions to our emergent reader collection — I’m still hoping to share about two sets per month.
2) Long vowel word family activities (new!)
3) More beginning sounds printables
4) Alphabet learning ideas and printables — moving on to letters Y, A, Z, and C
5) Seasonal spelling games you can use with any word list
6) Continued hosting and sharing of learning ideas on Monday’s After School Linky
7) A series of weekly guest posts from fabulous bloggers — from late January to mid-April
You can also expect
1) a longer wait time for responses to comments and e-mails
2) less interaction on Facebook and other social media
3) some weekdays where I’m not able to post at all
Of course, the reaching of my goals depends on the health and temperament of our new baby, as well as the energy level that God sees fit to give me. He has certainly blessed me in this pregnancy … my first pregnancy of “advanced maternal age,” and I’ve had more energy than in any of my other pregnancies. To me, that’s nothing short of a miracle — but I don’t know yet if he’s going to give me another one. 🙂
I do hope you’ll keep following along for more learning resources for your home or classroom!
© 2013 – 2014, Anna Geiger. All rights reserved.