Have you gotten one of those e-mail questionnaires lately? The ones where you fill in all kinds of personal information and pass it on to your friends?
I think that sort of trivia is fascinating.
So I’m sharing a little about myself today.
‘Cause it’s my birthday. And I need a break!
1. Do you have brothers and sisters?
I’m the oldest of five. I have three brothers (one is my twin!) and one sister.
2. Where is your birth place and are you far from it now?
I was born in Canada while my Dad was finishing his internship for the ministry. I’ve been back in the US ever since.
3. What two things could you not do when you were a child, but you can do now?
Eat whatever I want (this is not necessarily a good thing) and drive
4. One word that describes you?
5. How tall are you?
5 ‘2. We’ve already informed our kids that they will probably all be taller than Mommy – thanks to Daddy’s 6’3 genes.
6. When you were little – What did you want to do “when you grew up?” Are you doing it?
I wanted to be a teacher, and I wanted to get married and have six kids. I taught for eight years, and now I’m blessed to be raising four kids (with one on the way).
7. How do you spend your free time?
I really don’ t have free time since I started blogging – so blogging is what I do whenever I get a spare moment!
8. Favorite sport you like to watch or participate in?
Please. No sports. NO SPORTS.
9. What kind of food do you prefer eating when you are out?
A great sandwich and fries.
10. If you had $5 million to spend in 5 days, but with the clause that you could not spend any of it on yourself or your family, what would you do with it?
Use it to share God’s Word in mission fields, jails, rehab centers… there are so many possibilities!
11. If you knew that you could you try any kind of work/employment and that you would not fail, what would attempt doing?
I’m already trying it at The Measured Mom. 🙂
12. If you could change something about yourself, what would it be & why?
I would have a lot more patience. Smaller thighs would be nice too.
13. What’s the farthest you’ve been from home?
Hong Kong – we spent a semester there while my husband was teaching.
14. What’s your favorite TV show?
I actually don’t watch regular TV anymore. My husband and I enjoy watching history documentaries in the evenings. (Don’t knock it – it’s fascinating stuff!)
15. What’s your favorite smell?
Baking bread – and thankfully (after a few years of practice) I’ve mastered the perfect whole wheat loaf!
16. How many rings until you answer the phone?
Since I usually changing a diaper, reading to someone, or trying to tune out a tantrum, I don’t usually answer the phone.
17. Chocolate or vanilla cake?
How about we ditch the cake entirely and have a big bowl of vanilla ice cream with M & M’s on top?
18. What do you drive?
A Toyota Sienna with 160,000+ miles on it. When I’m alone, I drive our Camry – over 300,000 miles and still running!
19. If you could dye your hair one color, what would it be?
The day is probably coming soon when I will have to dye my hair to disguise the gray. I would keep it the same color – some people call it black, but it’s really just dark brown.
20. If you could have a tattoo, what and where would it be?
Even hypothetically, I wouldn’t consider it.
21. Do you drink?
I have actually been pregnant enough in the last 7 years that I have a very low tolerance for alcohol. A few sips of wine every month or so is about all I do.
22. Any hobbies?
I used to say playing piano. But now when I try I have kids playing along with me – which doesn’t work so well. I used to say reading – but then I started blogging and ran out of time for it. So my hobby is now sitting at the computer creating and writing for The Measured Mom. And I love it!
23. How old are you?
I’ll give you a hint… I had an AMA ultrasound this week. (The medical community calls it Advanced Maternal Age.) I don’t usually share pictures of my kids’ faces on my blog, but I can’t resist sharing a couple of this little cutie!! Gender to be discovered and announced in January 2014, Lord willing! 🙂
© 2013 – 2014, Anna Geiger. All rights reserved.