If you’re a classroom teacher, homeschooling parent, or you want to supplement what your child is learning in school, you’re in the right place.
My name is Anna. I’m a former teacher, now stay at home mom to five young children. To learn more about us, visit my About page.
What you’ll find here
I share thoughtful articles, hands-on lessons, and hundreds of free printables for teachers and parents. My main focus is literacy, but you’ll also find resources for teaching math, science, and social studies for children in preschool through second grade.
How to find your way around
A great place to start is my menu bar. When you click on a word, you’ll find a page that will give you an overview of the materials I share for that subject area.
- Home will bring you back to the main page, where you can see my latest posts.
- Alphabet gives you links to each letter of the alphabet. I’m sharing crafts, fine motor, sensory play, math connections, and a book list for each letter of the alphabet.
- Reading and its drop down menus will help you find activities for teaching both phonics and sight words.
- Writing will give you links to a writing series for preschool & kindergarten and one for first & second grade.
- Math has all my math activities organized by concept. Click on an image to find links to each of my posts on addition, for example.
- Spelling highlights my 5-part word study series as well as sample spelling lessons and printable games.
- Handwriting will help you find my three levels of handwriting worksheets.
- Book Lists will give you suggested books for reading to children as well as recommended reading for teachers and homeschoolers.
- Free Printables has my printables organized in one place.
If you’re looking for something specific, try my search bar (in the upper right corner under the menu bar).
If you’d like to browse my posts in a particular subject area, click on a category image in the sidebar.
You can read some of my most popular posts by clicking on these pictures in the sidebar.
For the most efficient way to find something, subscribe to my blog by email. Then you’ll receive The Ultimate Guide, a comprehensive index to the blog in pdf format. Talk about a quick and easy way to find what you need!
When you subscribe for e-mail updates (which you can do at the very top of this page), you’ll receive a newsletter from me once or twice a week with updates from the blog. Plus, you’ll receive my ebook free. Top 10 Secrets to Great Teaching is packed with my best advice for both new and veteran teachers and homeschoolers. You’ll love the links at the end of each chapter – it’s an amazing resource!
Leave a comment on any of my posts, or contact me by email at anna(at)themeasuredmom.com.
It’s so wonderful to have you here!