Learn how to boost reading comprehension in today’s video blog post!
It’s time for another video blog post! This time we dive into comprehension. Watch the video to learn:
- How to use think alouds to improve students’ understanding of a text
- How to ask the right questions
- How to teach students to monitor their comprehension
- How to choose appropriate reading response activities
- Teaching with interactive read alouds
- How to check comprehension with running records
- What to do when kids can’t remember what they read
- Reading comprehension strategies for kids
- Teaching reading comprehension strategies with picture books
MEMBERS GET MORE!
WATCH THE MEMBER TRAINING
As our learners begin to use science and social studies textbooks, they have a new challenge: understanding them!
Often we tell our students to read the pages and answer the questions. But they need more than an assignment; they need teaching.
In this 34-minute training, members will watch these five simple (yet powerful!) strategies in action.
- Preview the text
- Word predicting
- Read, cover, remember, retell
- Write your own test questions
- Fact or fiction?
Not a member yet? Learn more here.