Print these free books about sports for the new readers in your home or classroom!
(This post contains affiliate links.)
It’s time for set 39 of my free emergent readers! These books feature the sight words “them” and “said” with a fun sports theme.
Did you know that by practicing the previous sets, your child now knows at least 49 sight words? Of course, he or she will need more than sight word knowledge to read these little books.
In addition to remembering sight words, kids need to use
- context and picture clues
- grammar clues
- phonics clues
Check out the above picture. Here are some ways kids can build on their previous understandings to read the words on the pages:
- Using previous sight word knowledge, they can read: you, up, me, go, down
- Using context clues, they can read: with, thank
- Using phonics knowledge, they can read: will, no
By this stage, your child should be reading these books without a lot of help from you. But if he reads a word incorrectly, try one of these prompts:
- Does that make sense?
- Does that sound right?
- Does that look right?
- Can you find a chunk you know?
- Read all the way to the end of the word.
Enjoy our newest set!
How to assemble:
(for a video tutorial, see this page)
- Cut across the horizontal center of each page.
- Insert one set of pages into the other, paying attention to the page numbers.
- Staple with a long-armed stapler.
To see all my free emergent reader books, click on the image below.
© 2016 – 2020, Anna G. All rights reserved.