Last week so many of you shared great ideas for Fall! Today I’m rounding up some of those fall activities for kids that work especially well for children ages 5 and older. Try some of these after school or on the weekend to extend learning your child is doing at school or in your homeschool classroom!
(Be sure to follow my Fall Pinterest Board to find all the great activities other bloggers are sharing!)
Start your season with some great books.
- You can find this list of 16 picture books over at The Pleasantest Thing.
- For more fall picture books, check out some posts from last week’s linky: Our Favorite Children’s Books for Fall, from Buggy & Buddy, and 14 Cozy Kids Books that Celebrate Fall, from KC Edventures.
Get outside with your family and have some fall fun!
- Check out 40 Festive Fall Activities from KC Edventures.
- Find even more Fall Activity Ideas at Moms & Munchkins.
Fall is a great time to get outside and tie learning with nature.
- When the leaves fall, try this collection of learning activities from The Educators’ Spin on It.
- Try these amazing ideas for teaching symmetry! Find them at Buggy & Buddy.
Looking for a great fall craft?
- Try this hand banner from Enchanted Homeschooling Mom.
- Also check out some beautiful fall collages (and some great tips for how to teach collage making) at EduArt 4 Kids.
Finally, have a healthy fall snack.
- Let your kids create these Fall Tree Snacks from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
And now, the linky!
The Educators’ Spin On It
Afterschool for Smarty Pants
Boy Mama Teacher Mama
Coffee Cups and Crayons
Little Wonders’ Days
Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational
The Measured Mom
This Reading Mama
What Do We Do All Day
We’d love for you to share your School-Age Post (ages 5 and up) about your learning week after school. Tell us about your Crafts, Activities, Playtime, and Adventures that you are doing to enrich your children’s lives after school, homeschool, or on the weekend!
When linking up, please take a moment to comment on at least one post linked up before yours and grab our After School button to include a link on your post or site! By linking up you’re giving us permission to share on our After School Pinterest Board or feature on our After School Party next week! Don’t forget to follow along and join our After School Enrichment Community.
Link up your After School Crafts, Activities, Playtime, and Adventures! We’d love to see them!
© 2013 – 2014, Anna G. All rights reserved.