Today I’m excited to announce the start of a new series! This Reading Mama and I are teaming up again to bring you thoughtful, unique learning activities that you can do with your child at home or with your students at school.
Have you seen our other series?
- Preschool and Kindergarten Writing Series
- Simple Writing Lessons for the Primary Grades
- Reading Comprehension Strategies
It’s summer, so we’re keeping this series of free printable games playful and light.
Over the course of six weeks, This Reading Mama and I will be sharing a total of twelve printable games for children entering grades kindergarten through second grade.
Print & Play Series
These aren’t just any printable games!
- black and white (no need for color ink!)
That’s right… just PRINT and PLAY!
On Tuesdays, I’ll post a math game, and on Thursdays Becky will post a literacy game. Creating printables is a shared passion, so we are both super excited to begin this series!
It will be helpful to have a few supplies on hand as you play the games. You’re welcome to use markers and whatever you have on hand (like coins or checkers), but if you have these goodies you’ll add an extra element of fun:
- Do-a Dot markers – When I first bought these I was a little surprised by the price tag, but these things last a looong time. They’re great for developing fine motor control, too!
- Power magnets – These colorful round magnets are such fun manipulatives, and I can’t tell you how many times we’ve used them! They’ve paid for themselves again and again.
- Dice – This is only essential supply on this list. You can grab one from one of your board games and be all set – or purchase this set of dice so they’re always on hand.
- Transparent counters – This is a recent purchase, and a great one. I love that you can see through them, and they’re the perfect size for learning games.
- Buttons – These craft buttons make great manipulatives. Plus, it’s always nice to have some craft buttons on hand when your kids are something.
- Unifix cubes – These colorful stacking blocks are a versatile math manipulative that we use often.
Check back here for links to the games as they’re shared!
- Shapes and Graphing Game – The Measured Mom
- Beginning Letter Sound Racing Game – This Reading Mama
- Telling Time Games – The Measured Mom
- Ending Sounds Games – This Reading Mama
- Counting Money Games – The Measured Mom
- Short Vowel Sounds Games – This Reading Mama
- Counting Games – The Measured Mom
- Blends & Digraphs Games – This Reading Mama
- Addition Games – The Measured Mom
- Long Vowel (CVCe) Games – This Reading Mama
- Place Value Games – The Measured Mom
- More Long Vowel Games – This Reading Mama