Let’s practice reading ay and ai words!
Did you see our War card game for ai and ay words? Today I’m sharing a simple follow the path game that teaches the same phonics patterns.
The first two games in the pack review the ay pattern (as in hay) and the ai pattern (as in rain). Each board game features just one of the patterns.
When your child is ready, pull out Game 3. It includes both the ai and ay patterns.
- Grab a die and playing pieces.
- Take turns rolling the die and moving along the board.
- When you land on a word, read it aloud.
- When you land on bad weather (a lightning bolt or tornado cloud), move backward two spaces.
- The first to get to the rain cloud, wins!
© 2016, Anna G. All rights reserved.