Let’s practice reading ay and ai words!
Did you see our War card game for ai and ay words? Today I’m sharing a simple follow the path game that teaches the same phonics patterns.
The first two games in the pack review the ay pattern (as in hay) and the ai pattern (as in rain). Each board game features just one of the patterns.
When your child is ready, pull out Game 3. It includes both the ai and ay patterns.
- Grab a die and playing pieces.
- Take turns rolling the die and moving along the board.
- When you land on a word, read it aloud.
- When you land on bad weather (a lightning bolt or tornado cloud), move backward two spaces.
- The first to get to the rain cloud, wins!
Did you know?
Our low-cost membership has thousands of printables for Pre-K third grade. Our members LOVE their 24/7 access… and you will too! Click here to learn more.
Get your free ai/ay words games!
STUDENTS LOVE OUR NO-PRINT PHONICS ACTIVITIES!
Long Vowel Teams Bundle
Your students can complete these activities in Google Slides on a computer or tablet. The activities give them practice with ai, ay, ee, ea, ie, igh, -y, oa, ow, oo, ui, and ew.