Does your child enjoy practicing those weekly spelling words? Writing the words five times each isn’t all that fun, and may not be all that effective. When you involve different senses, turn spelling practice into a game, or simply change it up — your child will have an easier time mastering those words!
Today I’m sharing five fun ways to practice spelling words.
Thanks for sharing all your wonderful learning ideas at last week’s After School Link Up! This week I’m featuring some fun spelling activities.
Trace and write spelling words with JDaniel4’s Mom.
Mama Smiles how to write words with chopsticks.
Get a printable word bump game from This Reading Mama. Works with siblings who have different word lists!
Get free printable backgrounds from 123Homeschool4me to do magic spelling with shaving cream!
More ideas for having fun with spelling words:
- 35 spelling games from Top Notch Teaching
- 20 spelling activities for those who despise spelling from Every Star is Different
- 50 hands-on spelling activities from This Reading Mama
- 20 fun ways to learn spelling words from Teach Mama
- 50 fun ways to practice spelling words from Our Three Peas
- 75 fun ways to practice spelling from Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
OUR VERY FAVORITE PRINTABLE SPELLING GAMES
If you’re looking for printable games that you can use with any word list, we highly recommend this collection from This Reading Mama. Many of the games are editable! Purchase below using my affiliate link.