Hello, dear subscribers!
Each year around my birthday I share a personal post for those of you who’d like to get to me a little better. I haven’t done an e-mail questionnaire in years, but I used to love them! In honor of those blasts from the past, here are 20 questions and answers.
1. Where is your birth place, and are you far from it now?
Believe it or not, I was born in Canada, when my dad was finishing up his internship. My parents moved when I was two weeks old, though, so I consider myself American (though I do have dual citizenship). Though I grew up in Virginia Beach (and loved it!), we’re raising our kids in the good old Midwest.
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go, and why?
I’ve been to 43 states. I’d like to take a road trip and hit the other 7! Just not sure that’s gonna work with six kiddos in tow.
3. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
My lack of patience.
4. One word that describes you?
5. How do you spend your free time?
Blogging. Pretty much every minute of it.
6. Favorite sport you like to watch or participate in?
None. Nada. NO SPORTS PLEASE. Until my kids are old enough to participate in basketball, volleyball, etc. I suppose I’ll make some exceptions!
7. What kind of food do you prefer when eating out?
Well, I prefer molten volcano chocolate cake. Or a big burger and fries. But since I’m trying to lose some baby weight (from the last two babies, ahem), a big salad will have to do. Sigh.
8. How tall are you?
9. Would you like to be famous?
I’m the Measured Mom, I already am famous! Ha ha ha – no, I don’t need to be famous. But being well known among teachers and homeschoolers would be a definite plus.
10. What book are you reading?
Every now and then I snatch a minute to read a couple of pages from Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet (affiliate link). It’s for a book club. It will be a miracle if I finish it in time, but I love it so far!
11. What character trait do you most admire?
Integrity. It’s the biggest reason I fell for my husband, although he’s wonderful in a million ways.
12. What is your biggest challenge in life now?
Managing my time.
13. What is the most challenging part of your job?
Tech stuff. I stink at it. Thankfully my husband is super smart, and I can hire out the stuff he doesn’t know.
14. What’s your best beauty secret?
Beauty? What’s that? I just edit my photos with photo editing software. You know, smooth out the wrinkles, airbrush my skin… if I ever do a webinar series you’ll see the real me. 😉 I’ll just try to keep the camera from the neck up so you don’t ask what my seven-year-old asked me today. “Are you sure you’re not having another baby, Mom?” “No. This is just what I look like now. Grrr.”
15. How do you feel about shopping for clothes?
Hate it. Especially since my size has been up and down so many times in the last 9 years.
16. What’s the best advice anyone has ever given you?
Don’t settle. So I taught and waited and taught and waited… and finally married a month before I turned 29. And he was worth every second of the wait!
17. Your life would be meaningless without…
My Savior. My life has meaning because I know it’s a steppingstone to heaven. You can learn more about my faith here.
18. What is one thing you can’t do without?
Time to myself. I’m an introvert, and I really need my quiet time or I go nuts!
19. What are your favorite and least favorite household chores?
Favorite: Vacuuming. It’s so satisfying! Least favorite: ironing. So I pretty much don’t do it.
20. What would be your absolute dream job?
Blogging is my dream job – and I love it!! Thank you so much for being a part of it!