The Measured Mom has become an education website – so you’ll rarely see recipes from me. But every now and then I just have to share.
When my husband and I were first married I bought Jiffy corn muffins on sale and made them every time we had chili. Then I learned that making my own was easy.
But how to make them with whole grain flour and no sugar?
I tried a lot of different recipes over the years.
Some weren’t so great.
But after almost seven years I finally developed a recipe for perfect healthy corn muffins. Whole wheat flour. No sugar. And they turn out perfect every time.
Healthy Corn Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (go ahead and try regular whole wheat if you want)
- 1 cup white cornmeal (yellow will work too)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup olive oil (or other oil)
- 1/3 cup honey
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Combine the flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
3. Stir in the egg, milk, oil, and honey until well combined.
4. Pour the batter into 12 greased muffin cups.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
per muffin: 166 calories, 7 g fat, 24 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 3.5 g protein