Are you wondering how to teach a child to read? This short blog post and free ebook will get you started!
I get many emails from parents wanting the answer to this question: How can I teach my child to read?
It often takes me weeks before I reply to their message, because the answer is such a big one. For that reason, I decided to write this ebook.
In it, you will learn the following:
- The essential components of effective reading instruction
- The pre-reading skills your child needs before you begin teaching him/her to read
- How to teach phonics to kids
- Why it’s important that young readers begin reading with decodable text
- How to approach “sight words”
- How to build vocabulary and language comprehension through interactive read alouds
- Tips for building fluency
- How to be an effective reading coach for your child
- A recommendation for a daily teaching schedule
Just enter your information below to join our email list, and we’ll send the ebook right to your inbox!
Inside, you’ll find everything you need to get started with teaching your child to read at home.