If you’re wondering how to teach letter sounds, you’ll love this free printable and video tutorial!
Today I’m sharing a printable that I’m using with my four-year-old to help him master letter sounds.
And it’s working!
Here’s how it works.
- Print the letter sounds book.
- Cut apart the pages and staple together on the far left.
- Print the pictures and cut them apart. Save them in a zip-top baggie with a glue stick.
- Sit down with your learner one-on-one.
- If your learner knows any letter sounds, glue down the pictures for those letters.
- Each time you sit down with the book (ideally every day, but at least 3-4 times a week), have your learner name the letter, sound, and picture for each page that has the image glued down.
- If your learner is confident with all (or most) of the sounds you’ve introduced, teach a couple more and glue down the pictures.
- Keep practicing until your learner knows all the sounds.
Check out this video to see how it works!
Pre-order my new book and get a FREE bonus!
You’ll love this reader-friendly guide to the science of reading! Learn how to put the research into action so you can reach ALL readers. Pre-order before July 23 and get my Science of Reading Mini-Course – FREE!
Get your free printable letter sounds booklet!
Did you know?
Members of The Measured Mom Plus get access to even more printables, plus no-print resources and video trainings. Thousands of happy members loving having these resources right at their fingertips!