If you’re wondering how to teach letter sounds, you’ll love this free printable and video tutorial!
Today I’m sharing a printable that I’m using with my four-year-old to help him master letter sounds.
And it’s working!
Here’s how it works.
- Print the letter sounds book.
- Cut apart the pages and staple together on the far left.
- Print the pictures and cut them apart. Save them in a zip-top baggie with a glue stick.
- Sit down with your learner one-on-one.
- If your learner knows any letter sounds, glue down the pictures for those letters.
- Each time you sit down with the book (ideally every day, but at least 3-4 times a week), have your learner name the letter, sound, and picture for each page that has the image glued down.
- If your learner is confident with all (or most) of the sounds you’ve introduced, teach a couple more and glue down the pictures.
- Keep practicing until your learner knows all the sounds.
Check out this video to see how it works!
Get your free printable letter sounds booklet!
Did you know?
Members of The Measured Mom Plus get access to even more printables, plus no-print resources and video trainings. Thousands of happy members loving having these resources right at their fingertips!