We’ve had a string of very cold days here.
The deal is that my four-year-old really needs an energy burner when he doesn’t get outside. I created this simple indoor game to burn energy for him and his five-year-old sister.
I make a series of index cards with an instruction to perform some kind of exercise — each card also states where to find the next one. It gets the kids running all over the house and gives them a lot of varied exercise, too.
Here are some exercises we’ve done:
- run up and down the stairs
- jump up and down on the step (my exercise step)
- do leg lifts
- pretend jump rope
- do squat thrusts (burpies)
- do overhead presses (using very light hand weights)
- do bicep curls
- run a circle around the house
- jump high with arms overhead
They really love this — it keeps them busy and it gets them moving.
Need more ideas for keeping your kids busy and active inside the house? Follow me on Pinterest!
© 2013 – 2014, Anna G. All rights reserved.