What you’ll get
When you purchase, you’ll get five digital files with 280 pages of activities for teaching a community helpers theme to preschoolers and kindergartners. In the bundle, you’ll find activities for teaching about 24 different community helpers:
- police officer
- mail carrier
- garbage collector
- construction worker
The files will be sent directly to your e-mail, where you can download and save to your computer to print and use anytime you’d like.
(Can’t view the sample pages? Get help here.)
These nonfiction readers are perfect for preschoolers and kindergartners! Teach concepts of print and sight words with this collection of 12 printable books, each featuring a different community helper.
3-part cards and pocket chart sentences
You’ll get 3-part cards for 24 different community helpers, plus printable pocket chart strips and sentences for the workers and their tools. You’ll also find a page in the bundle with suggestions for how to use them.
Sample sentences include:
- “I am a teacher. I am a chef. I am a hairdresser.”
- “She is a police officer. He is a firefighter. She is a mayor.”
- “I am a dentist. This is my dental chair. This is my toothpaste. This is my dental floss.”
“Color Me” Readers
I’ve created eleven new “Color Me Readers” to go with our Community Helpers pack. Eight of the books feature specific community helpers. The final three books feature the same images with differing levels of text difficulty.
- 24 sorting mats and accompanying cards (see top right of above image)
- BINGO cards
- I Spy game (a great vocabulary builder and critical thinking activity!)
- A variety of no-prep math and literacy games
You’ll also get 16 black-and-white no-prep activity pages.
And to top it all off, I’ve included resources pages with even more learning ideas. You’ll get
- Recommended book lists
- Links to suggested songs and rhymes
- Crafts and process art ideas
- Sensory play activities
- Center ideas
- Snack suggestions
© 2015 – 2020, Anna G. All rights reserved.