What you’ll get
When you purchase, you’ll get two digital files with 275 pages of activities for teaching an insect and spider theme to preschoolers and kindergartners.
The files will be sent directly to your e-mail, where you can download and save to your computer to print and use anytime you’d like!
Picture Cards & Pocket Chart Sentences
This pack includes a variety of 3-part cards and picture strips. Use these to teach vocabulary and early science concepts. Combine them with pocket chart strips to teach concepts of print and sight words.
Combine the picture strips with pocket chart strips to make sentences such as:
- “A butterfly is an insect.”
- “A ladybug is an insect.”
- “A dragonfly is an insect.”
- “Look at the cicada.”
- “Look at the ant.”
- “Look at the praying mantis.”
- I see a moth.”
- “I see a grasshopper.”
- “I see a mosquito.”
- “Is a worm an insect? No, it is not.”
- “Is a turtle an insect?” No, it is not.”
- “Is a fly an insect? Yes, it is.”
- “Is a bee an insect?” Yes, it is.”
- “A dog is not an insect.”
- “A cow is not an insect.”
These nonfiction readers are perfect for preschoolers and kindergartners! Teach concepts of print and sight words with this collection of 8 books. They’re easy to print and assemble!
Color Me Readers
I’ve created nine new “Color Me Readers” to go with our Spring Theme Pack. Children will read about different types of insects and insect life cycles.
You’ll love the variety of hands-on activities for learning centers! You can see a sampling of the activities by clicking on the image above. (Not able to view the preview? RIGHT click on the image, choose “save link as,” and save to your computer. Then open from there to view.)
Here’s a complete list!
- Characteristics of insects posters
- Beginning sound clip cards (2 levels)
- Blends sorting mats
- Insect and spider number puzzles
- Upper & lowercase butterfly puzzles
- Ladybug counting cards
- 20 Insect bingo cards (with real photos)
- Color sorting mat
- Fluency practice strips
- Find the insect cards
- Insect count & clip cards
- 4 sets of life cycle sequence cards
- Short and long vowel insect-themed board games
- Insect sorting mat
- Word family bug jars
- Simple insect-themed math games
- Shapes in real life clip cards
- Rhyming bug jars
- Spider themed nursery rhyme books
- Matching clip cards (in 4 levels)
- Simple sight word game
- 4 Roll & Color games
- Beginning sounds game
- Lowercase letters game
You’ll also get 15 black and white activity pages.
And to top it all off, I’ve included resource pages with even more learning ideas!
- Recommended book lists
- Links to suggested songs and rhymes
- Craft ideas
- Sensory play activities
- Science learning
- Fine motor activities
- Snack ideas
© 2017, Anna G. All rights reserved.