I originally created these little books for my adorable little two-year-old. That little guy is now eleven, but thousands of families have enjoyed using these alphabet books over the years!
(This post contains affiliate links.)
Does this post look different than the last time you visited? The books have been updated!
Why I created these simple alphabet books:
- to create a simple library of books that my Two could call his own
- to use simple pictures – mostly photographs – that would catch his eye
- to label each picture with a single word to build his vocabulary and let him read along
- to repeat the letter on each page so that he’d start to recognize the alphabet
- to provide something special that is also replaceable – since many toddlers aren’t always kind to books.
How to use My ABC Books:
- Read them aloud to your baby or toddler.
- Let your little one handle the books himself – you can always come back and print a book that’s been torn.
- Give these to your preschooler to “read” by him or herself.
A quick video of me reading the book to my baby and toddler:
(Please note: the books have been updated several times (as mentioned earlier, the toddler in this video is now eleven!), so they look slightly different than what you see in the video. The Oo book, for example, now only includes pictures of objects that begin with the short o sound.)
How to assemble
- Cut a horizontal line across the center of each page.
- Fit the pages together, making sure the cover is on the front. The other pages can go in any order you choose.
- Staple using a long-armed stapler (they’re cheap – and totally worth it!).
- If desired, cover each book with clear contact paper to make it more durable.
Get an individual book by clicking on the link below. (Pssst… want to save yourself some time? Get all the books in a single file! Yay! Click here to learn more.)
- Letter A
- Letter B
- Letter C
- Letter D
- Letter E
- Letter F
- Letter G
- Letter H
- Letter I
- Letter J
- Letter K
- Letter L
- Letter M
- Letter N
- Letter O
- Letter P
- Letter Q
- Letter R
- Letter S
- Letter T
- Letter U
- Letter V
- Letter W
- Letter X
- Letter Y
- Letter Z