These shape clip cards are perfect for helping your young preschooler learn to recognize and identify shapes.
My Three knows the names of the basic shapes, but not with consistency. I created these clip cards to help him find matching shapes and provide an opportunity for us to talk about their names.
Clip cards for teaching shapes
As I gave him each new card, he looked at the top shape and found the one at the bottom that matched it. I was sure to vary the colors so that this was not a color matching activity.
Beyond circle, triangle, and heart, he doesn’t know too many shape names. So this was an opportunity to talk about them together as he worked.
And talk about some fine motor practice! Clipping the cards was hard at first, but he had the hang of it by the end.
More ways to learn about shapes!
- 15 books about shapes from Gift of Curiosity
- Shapes busy bags from My Joy Filled Life
- Shapes puzzles for toddlers from Totschooling
- Learning shapes with spaghetti noodles from Teaching Mama
- Giant shape sort from I Can Teach My Child
More fun freebies!
© 2015 – 2018, Anna G. All rights reserved.