My sister developed this recipe, and I’ve tweaked it just a little. These healthy muffins taste great when served warm with cream cheese.
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Banana Muffins
makes 12 muffins
- 2 bananas, very ripe
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/s tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- shake cloves
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a mixer, blend the bananas, pumpkin, applesauce, honey, oil, and eggs. Mix very well.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Beat until just moist.
- Pour batter into greased muffin pan.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until done.
Nutrition Information (calculated without walnuts):
143 calories, 2 g fat, 29 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein
Looking for more healthy recipes? These are our favorites!
© 2013 – 2016, Anna G. All rights reserved.